Is Book VIP Legit
This post may contain affiliate links.
Or is it a scam? You Decide.
Okay guys, I really wanted to do a deep dive on Book VIP to see if it is really legit or not. When you go to their website, the first thing you notice is all the amazing vacation deals that they have listed and the prices are sticker shock, but in a good way. The website says that most of their customers save 83% on average on their travel deals.
The First Question: What’s The Catch?
There has to be a catch, right? How can any of these resorts make any money by practically giving away these packages? When you book your vacation with Book VIP, they offer free cancellation, free re-scheduling and 24 months to travel. Well, that’s good.
Of course, they have videos with reviews from all of their customers. You can watch this video below. But, before you go ahead a book that vacation, please keep reading, because I want to lay it out for you, so you have all the information first.
Read The Terms & Conditions
First and foremost, you must read the terms and conditions before booking. There are stipulations. Book Vip has a lot of different destinations and the terms and conditions vary from property to property.
So when you are looking at one of the deals, be sure to scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the terms and conditions for that individual property. You will be able to find this on every deal that they have.
The first thing that you must agree to is a 90 – 120 minute resort preview presentation. The time varies from property to property. Okay, so I think we all know what that means. A presentation on vacation ownership or in other words – Timeshare presentation. That’s the trade-off for getting a great price. You also have to make sure you qualify to meet the other requirements, listed below.
Like I said above, these requirements will vary from property to property, but the main requirements for most of them are as follows or a variation of these.
- You cannot use this for Group Travel
- You must book with a credit card (not a debit card) and the qualified guest must be the credit card holder and bring to the resort to show in person
- Attend the resort presentation – All guests on the reservation must attend.
- The time and place for the presentation will be scheduled during your pre-arrival phone call.
- Activities or excursions can not be planned for the same day as your resort preview presentation.
- Married couples or cohabitating couples must be between the ages of 30 and 68 years old. If you are married, you must travel with your spouse or the package is void.
- Legally single women must be between the ages of 35 and 60 years old. Their guest must be a family member only.
- Must have a minimum income of $50,000 USD per year (singles must meet this qualification on their own. It is combined income for married couples / cohabitating couples) and at least one of you must be employed full time.
- Retirees are accepted if they meet the min of $50,000 annual income.
- Both participants must fluently speak either English or Spanish.
- Qualified person must present a major credit card and Government issued photo ID upon arrival at the resort as well as your confirmation letter from BookVip.
- Offer is valid for all permanent residents of the 50 United States and Canada, excluding French Canadian provinces.
- Valid USA or Canadian government issued ID must be presented by all guests.
- Resort Fee: There will be a $29.95 per night Resort Fee charged automatically once your confirmation email is sent. This fee includes unlimited food and premium alcohol as well as use of resort amenities. (May vary) (Resort Fee Wikipedia)
- The promotion package is non-transferable and cannot be used in conjuction with any other offer.
- Rescheduling Policy: You are welcome to make changes to your reservation and choose another resort without penalty if change request is received at least 16 days prior to your scheduled arrival.
This may seem like a long list of requirements, and it is. The bottom line is, if you meet the qualifications above and don’t mind taking 90 to 120 minutes out of your week for a resort presentation to save a lot of money, then this is for you. If not, then don’t book through BookVip.
For full disclosure, I have never booked a trip through Book VIP yet, but those prices just make me want to try them. So, I did some more research to see if I could find other travelers that have booked vacations through Book Vip that are not on their website.
I found some reviews on Trust Pilot. At date of publishing this article they have 635 reviews with a 4.1 / 5 star rating.
I always recommend when booking any vacation is to always read reviews and always read the terms and conditions before booking anything. Not everybody will be pleased all of the time, but you can likely know what to expect. Knowledge is power.
Is It Worth It?
Well that is for you to decide. Happy Trip Planning!
Here is a quick video from BookVIP on how it works:
Cabo – 5 Star Cabo Beach Resort – Activities Included $599
Terms & Conditions Apply
Let us know
If you found this post helpful, if you have questions or would like to share your experiences. We’d love to hear from you.
* An affiliate link means we may earn advertising / referral fees if you make a purchase through our link, without any extra cost to you. Our research is editorially independent but our affiliate links help to keep this website afloat. Thank you for your support. Disclosures