Destin Beach Vacation
This post may contain affiliate links.
I haven’t gotten around to posting about our Destin Beach vacation, even though we went in 2021. I guess the whole Covid effect on travel had affected me too, that I didn’t want to post about vacations, since we couldn’t go.
We were supposed to go on a cruise that year, but with all the stipulations about the vaccine, we decided to cancel the cruise. I wanted to go somewhere without shots and masks and plane rides. So we drove the 8 1/2 hours to Destin Beach to spend a week. I was not dissapointed.
We had a lot of fun on the drive. I love road trips. We decided to rent a condo on the beach for a week. This was something different than our usual cruise or resort.
We planned to get groceries and purchase our alcohol to have in the condo to keep costs down.
We rented a condo at SunDestin by Scenic Stays. The price was really good for the week. And it was simply a beautiful place to stay. I highly recommend it for vacationers to Destin Beach. The pictures you see on their website is exactly what you get. We were in unit #1715. Pictures below in the gallery.
I’m all about the beach and palm trees, so this was the perfect place to go for me. It was our anniversary, so hubby and I had some much needed time together.
Destin Beach Vacation Condo
There is so much to do at Destin Beach, I think there is something for everyone. I, of course, would be happy just to sit on the beach all day and enjoy the waves. I also really enjoyed having my morning cup of coffee on the balcony overlooking the beach. It was heaven.
We went out and had some nice dinners, we took strolls down the beach, even at dusk, it was beautiful. We took a trip aboard the Sea Blaster Dolphin Cruise, that was amazing!
We went at the end of September. I would highly recommend this time of year. It is still an enjoyable temperature, yet the beaches and surrounding area are not so busy.
Things to Do and See on your Destin Beach Vacation
- The area is often referred to as the “Emerald Coast” due to the stunning emerald-green color of the Gulf of Mexico waters. The breathtaking views of the coastline are a big draw for visitors.
- The beaches are absolutely stunning and boast pristine white sand beaches with clear turquoise waters, which make it a picturesque destination for sunbathing, swimming, and enjoying various water activities.
- Known as the “World’s Luckiest Fishing Village,” Destin is a top destination for fishing enthusiasts. It offers deep-sea fishing charters and plenty of opportunities for both recreational and professional anglers.
- Apart from fishing, visitors can enjoy a wide range of water sports, including snorkeling, scuba diving, jet skiing, paddleboarding, and parasailing.
- Destin is a popular family vacation spot with numerous family-friendly activities, including water parks, mini-golf, and amusement centers.
- The area is famous for its delicious and fresh seafood. There are numerous restaurants offering a wide variety of seafood dishes, providing a culinary delight for seafood lovers.
- We also enjoyed HarborWalk Village. This vibrant area offers shopping, dining, live entertainment, and a beautiful view of the harbor, making it a great place to stroll and enjoy the atmosphere.
- And Golf enthusiasts will find several golf courses in and around Destin, offering opportunities to play amidst beautiful surroundings.
If you love beaches, like I do, then this is definitely a bucket-list destination. Let us know your thoughts, or if you’ve been there.
More pics from our trip.
Let us know
If you found this post helpful, if you have questions or would like to share your experiences. We’d love to hear from you.
* An affiliate link means we may earn advertising / referral fees if you make a purchase through our link, without any extra cost to you. Our research is editorially independent but our affiliate links help to keep this website afloat. Thank you for your support. Disclosures